Kyuu's RP Hell of Wonder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basically, there's a lot of RP forums out there with jerks running them. I do not rule with rage, I rule with love. Everyone is welcome until we have problems.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ruins of Alexandria

Go down 
+4
Demons and Shadows
Janier and Linares Isha
Aubresiah ~ Arcane
Luka Leinad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

The Ruins of Alexandria Empty
PostSubject: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:14 pm

The Castle still stood, but the surrounding castle town and not fared as well. Everywhere you stepped buildings threatened to collapse upon you, or slip into one of the many holes that lead into the underground system. The castle's once blue sparkling towers were now a dull gray, covered in neglect. It was a sad sight, as if the Castle knew it had been forgotten and was lonely. The once lively market square was nothing more than an open tomb, where the skeletons of the old inhabitants, thieves and bandits, masons, all manner of people attempting to restore the glory, or hide in the shadow of it fell to their death here. The once proud drawbridge that barred outsider entrance to Alexandra was surprisingly still in good condition, but the chain had long snapped, and moss was growing on the drawbridge that could no longer be drawn. No birds flew over this forgotten kingdom's capitol, for shadows moved in the corner of your eye. An evil that could blend in or hide had made it's home here. No longer warm and inviting, this was now a cold place of death and destruction.
Back to top Go down
http://dannydemon.deviantart.com
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Luka's Return   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

He stepped on the drawbridge and looked across, sensing the evil that lay inside his hand was quickly on the grip of his sword, ready to draw it at a moments notice. He knew not why he came to this place, all he knew was that he was drawn here by some unknown power. He moved forward carefully, looking up as he passed under the high arch of the entrance, passing next to the guardhouse that acted as a quick path to the castle walls from the garrison. It all seemed so familiar, yet he was a stranger in this place. Shadows moved all around him, and he whirled around, but no foe was to be seen. He could feel them watching him, but why. Were they waiting for him to let his guard down, or were they simply curious about this new visitor? He stepped over a huge piece of stone and made his way through the maze of rubble and destroyed buildings, being careful to skirt the ruined buildings that looked like they might topple over and crush him at any minute. Memories struggled to break through the veil of chaos and discord that racked his brain and made him forget why he knew this place. He felt as if he had once owned it, that its safety had been his duty. He groaned and gripped his head as it burst into crippling pain, and he fell to his knees. He waited until the pain and subdued itself and he carefully lifted himself up. His tunic he received from the elves of the Atsuatoshi Forest which lay to the north of the once splendid castle town was spotless. They weren't lying when they said he would never have to worry about the tunic getting cut or dirty, it moved like water, and when pierced by blade or arrow, the material of the weapon would simply phase through the tunic. A strange design, for it had no practical use in combat, but it was a beautiful piece of work. The elves said they had made it for the wayward king of Alexandria, but thought that Luka should have it instead. He was nearing the path to the castle and heard a whistling noise. Cocking his head sideways to his right, he looked over and saw a familiar building, one he had dreamed about several times. There was a woman there with him, more beautiful than any he had ever known, and she haunted him. He stepped inside the frame of the door and was suddenly barraged with a powerful group of memories. The feel of the hammer striking heated metal. Folding the blade over the exact amount of times depending on the type of metal being used. The feel of the woman's soft hands against his hardened, back as he sweat from the heat of the forge. The memories were overwhelming him, threatening to drive him insane from the knowledge of a life once lost. He stumbled forward and gripped the anvil, but years of dust and soot gathering from the now cold forge had made it slick, and he slipped, his head catching the anvil square on, he looked up, and thought he saw a sparkling blue from the castle as darkness took him, he slouched down and succumbed to it.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:45 am

Linares woke up in her city of Sati, she streched wide enjoying the feel of her soft sheets on her bare skin.
Today she was to travel to Alexandria, as Aubresiah had asked her to do periodically, even after the city was destroyed. Rolling out of bed, Linares groaned. Dressing, she grabbed a sword for protection, the beacon to call Aubresiah if she needed her. Stopping to say goodbye to her brother on her way out was short, sweet, and loving.
Entering the city by a known pathway, she always took in, she noticed footprints on the way in and around. Drawing the sword she brought with her, she proceeded with caution. As she followed the prints, she ended up in Luka's old forge. Walking to the end of the prints she saw someone on the ground. Turning the man over she saw who it was. "Christ!" she gasped, skidding away and hit the beacon. Going towards the man she looked him over. "This is not possible...This is not happening...." she whispered
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Luka's Dream   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:04 am

He twitched, his arm spasmed. He was dreaming in his unconsciousness. In his dream, he was tied up to the whipping post. Sentenced to 80 lashes, for the murder of another prisoner. He gritted his teeth and let out a slight groan every time the whip struck his bare back. Three quarters of the way through the lashings, he felt his vision begin to fade. His body was losing the battle against the pain. As his vision dimmed, he saw a shining white light, and could feel no more. He was weightless, still tied to the whipping post, but within the white light a shape approached him. A beautiful White Siberian Husky wolf dog approached. he stopped and began to transform and grow. A man in resplendent ice blue armor with long black hair that reached his waist, pulled into a ponytail. On his back was a glaive, with the same sunstone that was nestled into the pommel of his sword. "Who are you?" He managed to croak out. The man gave a knowing smile and shook his head, placing one finger to Luka's mouth. "You must remember who you are, my son." His eyes were exactly like Luka's, electric ice blue, but they were calm and full of compassion and caring. "I cannot tell you anything, it is something you must discover on your own. I have a message I want you to deliver, you will know when the time is right. Tell her I cannot return this time, I used too many favors when I was living and cannot return to the realm of the living, and I am sorry I failed in protecting my family. Tell your sister I loved her as much as I loved her mother, and the people of my kingdom, as much as I loved you. Finally you must tell your mother, that I loved her very much, and I am glad she has found happiness. You must be strong, you must remember who you are, and what you are destined to do, I know you can do it son, you have your mother's and mine's strength." He began to fade. Luka struggled to move. "Father! FAAAAATHERRRRRRRRRRR!" But his words fell on deaf ears as his father's apparition faded, and he was back on the whipping post. The pain was bearable, and he would be left there as an example to the other slaves. In the living realm, his body twitched as it lay against the cold anvil that had not be used in many years. His head shook, and the flames of the forge lit with brilliant power and heat. The cold room quickly began to warm up.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 am

Linares jumped away from him getting soot, dirt and whatever else littered the floor all over her clothing. She backed up into the wall, just staring at Luka, then the fire, and back again repeatedly. Shaking like a leaf in the breeze, she stood up, walking toward him she saw the shadows playing on the walls. The shadows danced around Luka as Linares looked at him confused. A few shadows touched her scratching her softly, the closer she got to Luka the worse they cut her. She backed off and waited for Aubresiah to arrive, that is all she could do, was wait.

Aubresiah was ready to fight when her beacon went off, it's location was in Alexandria. "What in the world could be wrong?" She muttered. Looking up at Mandelyn she showed her the beacon.

Mandelyn got a hopefull expression on her face for a moment. She thought of Sivad her first love, the only man she ever married. How much it hurt when he had to leave. How much she did just to try and feel better about it, the depression, the rebounds. Then she thought of William, and how much better she felt now. A part of her would and will always love Sivad, but as he told her last time "if he did this, he could not come back" She was happier than she had been since Sivad had gone. She took aubresiah's hand and squeezed. She saw so much of herself in Aubresiah. "Rebound" was all she thought of Lex to Aubs. Aubs was hurt, and she just wanted to feel loved again. "Want to go alone or with my help?" Mandelyn asked her charge, still sqeezing her hand.

Aubresiah had her eyes closed and sighed, all she could think about was Luka, or that the city had completely fallen. Aubresiah shook her head "No I...I can go alone. I'll take a beacon with me." Aubresiah looked around and smiled at Tox slightly.

Mandelyn opened a portal to Alexandria slowly, the wall looked like it was quivering, then to liquid, then just to a crossover to right on the drawbridge. Mandelyn smiled sadly and felt tears wash her face. Her home was destroyed, a place where she raised her children, held her husband, planned and loved so much was gone. Mandelyn looked away from the portal, immence hurt stabbed her chest. It felt like their truely was no hope.

Aubresiah hugged her mentor "You need to go think or anything...call it off...we can do this another time." She gestured to the arena and walked through the portal. Crushing sadness filled her heart and mind. She opened her wings slowy, watching the shadows just on the edge of her vision. Gently beating her wiings to not disturb, or break anything, she took off. Flying above the city was worse, it hurt far more seeing evrything she helped build, destroyed, gone. seeing the prints with her excellent vision she landed outside of the forge. Walking in slowly, she drew her sword. "Linares...." She whispered.
Linares whispered back "Im here..." She stood up and practically ran to Aubresiah holding onto her.
Aubresiah looked at her "What's wrong aside that the city is in shambles...?" she asked. Linares took her hand and led her to Luka. Aubresiah looked confused, then it hit her. She dropped down beside him, checking him over, touching him gently. "Luka..." she whispered
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 4:59 am

He had regained consciousness, and heard the voices being whispered. They were unfamiliar to him, two female voices, but it had been his experiences that male or female, anyone could be a threat. He moved quickly, in a fluid and smooth motion he took the woman that was the closest to him by the arm, and pulled her to the ground beside him, he rolled over, pinning her arms against her side with his knees, the blade was off of his side, angled towards Linares. The positioning of his feet was perfect so Aubresiah could not move her head or speak clearly. His electric blue eyes were bright and wild, the pain from the dream had carried over, and he was not in his right mind. He glanced around the room, Linares stood between him and the door. Off to his right was a window, where orders could be placed to the forge master, so the customer would not need to enter the forge and deal with the heat and dirt. He raised his blade further and flipped it around, the sunstone in the pommel of his elegant sword that was made in this very forge lit up brightly. He closed his eyes as the light reached it's requested brightness. He bound towards the window and dived out of it, rolling as he hit the floor he jumped up quickly and was off down the streets. A light blue shimmering could be seen radiating from the castle, but he had no time to ponder it, he jumped, and caught the edge of a roof, hoisting himself up he took off running across the rooftops of only the buildings with the most support still remaining. He would save those if the women decided to give chase.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:07 am

Aubresiah was taken by surprise not expecting Luka to attack her. When his weight was on her, it forced the air from her chest and she tried to growl a warning to let her up. It hurt her feelings more than anything, that anger and hurt flushed to her cheeks. Her body naturally started to heat up as a natural defence mechinism and burn his skin. Linares was frozen, she didn't want to hurt Luka, yet she wanted him to let Aubresiah go. When he got off of her she rolled and stood quickly, looking over Linares worriedly "Are you alright?" she whispered to her touching her arm. Linares nodded "I'm okay." Aubresiah nodded and watched Luka leave, feeling a stab in her heart. "We should get you home Linares...." Aubresiah withdrew into herself, her voice sounded distant
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 am

He had made is way to a high tower that offered a 360 degree view. He watched as Linares helped Aubresiah out of the forge, the fire still burning inside. He watched as they departed, wondering who they were, and why the shadows and protected him when Linares had tried to approach him, but not Aubresiah. Now that he was safe again, he studied the castle walls from afar. Surely there was a powerful magic here, the castle was no longer a dull gray structure from a forgotten kingdom, but it was now a glowing beacon, inspiring and giving hope to some. He sat back against the tower wall, it had been an interesting, eventful morning, but now he needed to rest, eat and think things over. He reached into a pouch that hung from his belt and began munching on a strip of dried meat, while looking around at the town. It was strange, now that the castle had changed, it seemed as if the city was no longer as menacing and forbidding, it almost begged for life to be seeped back into it. He pondered over this, his sword sat on his lap, the sun stone in the pommel glowing faintly. He knew he had been to that forge before, it felt like home to him, and he knew he had spent hundreds of hours in the heat of the forge. He shook his head, knowing that memories were trying to surface, and he willed them to become clear. He thought about the woman he had incapacitated, and how she seemed somewhat familiar, but he could not place her. The other one was also a familiar face, but not as much. A name rose to the front of his mind. Sati, but who did the name belong to? One of the women, he did not know, but he would find out who he was, he promised it to his father.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:49 am

Aubresiah held onto Linares, putting her in front of her, holding her as she opened white wings. She took off slowly and gently, as to not shatter any of Linares bones. Aubresiah flew slowly, as well as carefully, to keep Linares comfortable. Landing in Sati, she dropped Linares at the doors. Aubresiah didn't want to talk, she just wanted to be alone, to think. If they wanted her here she would stay, if not she had a building in Alexandria to use just in case for sleep, or her old friend Alcia's camp in the woods. "Are you sure you are alright?" Aubresiah said softly looking at Linares worriedly. "He didn't harm you before I arrived did he?"
Back to top Go down
Janier and Linares Isha

Janier and Linares Isha

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:02 am

"No he didn't, he was unconscious." She thought about it, it had been a long time since she had seen the son of Sivad, and while he retained both his mother and father's features, his eyes were wild, almost feral when he had attacked. This could cause trouble, everyone thought he was dead. What his return must mean to his mother, sister, and mostly Aubresiah. She knew Aubresiah would want to be alone. "You know if you would like to, there is always a room for you here at Sati." She said quietly. Her heart went out to Aubs, knowing the pain from seeing him alive, but so different would be killing her, and what Janier would say.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 am

Aubresiah nodded with a small sad smile on her face. "Linares, you have no clue how much has changed..." she whispered, the words came out pained. "Audrey was found tourtured, yet still alive by Desix." Aubs didn't have the heart to tell linares that one of Luka's sisters now was dead, let alone what Lily had done to deserve that death. She didn't have the heart to tell her friend what she had done to Auron, or his wife. All she had told Linares was "Council is dead." She sighed softly "I appreciate it Linares, thank you. If I'm not here when you wake, I went for a flight. If you would not mind, I will take you up on your offer.." Linares noticed Aub's eyes, how tourtured she looked deep down. She was affraid of Luka now, he was different. He smelt tainted. Telling Mandelyn now would rip her to shreds if she did see him like this, just as it was tearing Aubs to pieces.
Back to top Go down
Janier and Linares Isha

Janier and Linares Isha

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:22 am

"I understand, just promise me you won't go back to Alexandria, it is too dangerous with him on the loose, he has the home field advantage and could be hiding anywhere. I'll have the room made ready for you." She signaled to one of the ladies in waiting to prepare the room, ensure that a hot bath was drawn and fresh clothes were ready and nearby. She sat down and looked out the window, although she could not see it, she looked directly at Alexandria Castle, and thought she could see a faint blue shining way off over the horizon. Her thoughts turned to her brother. Sivad and Janier had been rivals, but it had been a friendly rivalry born out of mutual respect for the other's strength. When Sivad had said goodbye and left on what he knew would be his final journey, Janier had promised to take care of Luka, and when Luka had disappeared Janier had torn apart the countryside looking for him. She knew how much it hurt everyone, who knew of the Leinad family, what they stood for, and what Sivad and Mandelyn's son had become. What could have happened to him in the 6 years he had been missing to change him so much.

Janier stood on the battlements, looking out over the formation of troops that stood in front of him. They had been drilling all day, and the men were tired, but they had not perfected the new strategy yet. "Again!" He called out with a slight anger in his voice. He could sense something was going on, he had not survived this long by ignoring his senses. "We will stay out here all night until you unorganized bastards get it right!" He sighed and watched as they went through the motions over and over again. Looking up to Linares' room, he noticed she was staring out in the distance in the direction of Alexandria, and his suspicion of something amiss only increased. He would do his own investigation tonight, after he talked to his sister.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:35 am

"I won't go back into Alexandria at night. You forget darling Linares, I helped build any new buildings that were not there before I came here. I know the lay out, all of the hiding spots that were on the plans. Yes, he has his advantages, but so do I. It would be foolish of me to go at night, alone, when shadows are thriving there. However, in the morning I will go back. I have to pay my respects to the dead that I burried here. " Linares did not say anything about Aubresiah leaving to go to the Council compounds to check them out and be assured they were empty. She said nothing of the mountains where the Draconais loved, Aubresiah wanted to check on Ran, see if the cure worked, or if they were all dead now as well. Aubresiah bowed to her "Goodnight Linares." instead of leaving she stopped herself, turned to face her, embraced her and kissed her cheek softly "I'll be careful." Was all she said as she walked out.
Walking to the room, she peeled off her clothing and lowered herself into the tub. She closed her eyes and placed her head under the water. She let the tears flow freely, then suddenly, she stopped the crying. Washing she rubbed her skin raw and watched as it healed and continued to do so until the pain started and broke through her mental pain.
Getting out of the tub she drained it and cleaned it. Dressing in the clothing that Linares had her ladies lay out, she looked at herself. She missed her combat boots, her armor. She walked down to where Janier was. To not innturupt him, she was quiet, leaned against the wall watching him until he noticed her or wanted to talk to her. She did not want to worry Linares.
Back to top Go down
Janier and Linares Isha

Janier and Linares Isha

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:42 am

Linares nodded, and could see the beginnings of wet salty tears as Aubs approached her. They were as close as two people could be without being related, and Linares knew she was planning something, but she was not worried about her going back to Alexandria. She knew Aubs would keep her word.

Janier drilled with the formation for another good 30 minutes, noting Aubresiah was standing nearby, but he could not pause in the middle of training to entertain Linares' guest. He had not even seen her enter the castle, so he was sure she had flown here. The soldiers had finally gotten the hang of it and performed the tactic successfully three times in a row before he was satisfied. Sweat rolled down his face as the sun began to lower in the distance. He dismissed his men and walked over past Aubresiah, speaking as he went. "You want to talk I presume, no one stands there for 30 minutes watching military tactics unless they are looking for a way to foil it, or they want something from someone who is otherwise occupied, and seeing as how you know I don't keep my tactics a secret, I doubt you are looking for a way to ruin it. What's on your mind." He stopped at the barrel nearby that held fresh, clean and filtered rain water and dunked his head in the water to wash off the sweat and grime.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 7:56 am

Aubresiah sighed at him she was not in the mood to deal with his comments or argue playfully with him as she used to. "Of course I want to talk. Everything I knew is destroyed. Someone I love and thought was dead is in the living room and did not even recognise me." Her voice held pain deep down, on the surface it was as if she held no emotion. "Luka lives Janier. He is not himself and I want to find out why. Has their been any.." She shook her head softly "Activity here. You remember what happened when Auron came. Shadows thrived. The shadows are thriving in Alexandria's ruins. Other signs were noticable then. Dissapearances of small children. Reports of "monsters". The list goes on. Auron and his high generals and soilders are dead. I killed them myself or watched them die. What I'm wondering also, have any new people arrived here, or in any surrounding cities." Aubresiah was not telling him every thing for good reason. Lily, her sister in arms, was destroyed and corrupted by Auron and no one knew it until it was nearly to late. She was not about to repeat that mistake. Even loving Luka, she would not trust him until she could dabble in his mind freely, or know what happened in those six long years. "His mind is completely blocked to me. I do not want people to know he is alive yet. Yes that means Mandelyn, because for all we know, we could very well have to destroy him" Janier could see all of her new scars from the battles she threw herself into, from the war with Council, down to practice fighting. Janier knew aubs was alright with him, she just seemed so...withdrawn. like coming back had sucked every bit of happiness from her body.
Back to top Go down
Janier and Linares Isha

Janier and Linares Isha

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:10 am

He gave her a good once over and saw that she was drained of energy, that whatever had happened must have really taken a toll on her. Of course the news shocked him. Luka alive and corrupted. He felt as if the ghost of Sivad, which visited him from time to time was mocking him, and that pissed him off, but he had to shake his head as he dried the remaining water off of his face and armor. "Negative, our scouts reports are the same day by day, the watchtowers have seen nothing and Linares says at the daily meeting with the people that everything is quiet, and only little disturbances are brought up." He turned his full attention to her. "I will keep an eye and ear out if I find out anything, and will inform you of anything I find, but you are not to act on anything alone. If you feel the need to act, come get me and I will accompany you." He would never admit it out loud, and he kept up his appearance of indifference to everyone well, but he had a soft spot for Aubresiah. Since he took over looking after Luka, and had gotten to know Aubs through him, as well as her friendship with his sister, he could not help but feel protective of her. If Luka truly was back and not himself, he decided it should fall to him to take care of it. He had sworn to Sivad that he would do whatever was necessary to take care of his son, and that was an oath he intended to keep.
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 am

He had finished his meal and had a bit of a rest, but not before rigging the tower to alert him of any movement, giving him enough time to fight or flee. He would use this tower as his base of operations for the time being, right now he wanted to investigate the secrets the castle might hold, and why it suddenly started shining. He checked the area before dropping down, no one is sight, but the shadows moved with him, as if they were awaiting his command, it made him nervous, but he could take them all down if they decided to attack. He stepped up to the bridge that separated the castle from the town and inspected the rays. They seemed to be getting brighter and more brilliant the closer he got. The ice blue light was calming as it washed over him, he did not notice the sun stone set in the pommel of his sword was reacting to the light, mimicking the color perfectly. He checked for traps before setting off across the red stone bridge that lead up to the main doors of the castle. The double doors were sturdy, made of oak and reinforced with iron that had been cast when it had been carted here from the Minerault Mines to the south, right next to the Magruder desert ranged. How he knew this he could not say, which irked him as to how he knew so much about this place, and how it seemed familiar to him, but he could not remember. He pushed one door open slowly, feeling plenty of resistence, it creaked as the hinges had fallen into disrepair and were probably rusted over. He touched the handle of his sword and the sun stone flared in response, casting a white light into the dusty dark gloom that was the grand hall. He walked, on both sides of him stood statues that looked familiar, the carvings in the pillars looked familiar, everything looked so damn familiar and it was starting to piss him off. He roamed the halls, touching this and that, inspecting carvings and pictures. As he stepped into the throne room, he was hit with a strong wave of Deja Vu, and he closed his eyes and jumbled memories began to spring up in his mind. He forced them back, he would deal with them later, he could not afford to be crippled out in the open again like in the forge, which he planned to revisit.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 am

Aubresiah breathed an audible sigh of relife, her whole body relaxed slightly. Her eyes closed softly and she shook her head. "Some of these thinks I need to do on my own Janier. I would rather get hurt being alone, than break down again, and go on a murdering spree. and I enjoyed every second of it At least I did not kill any one who did not desrve it last time. I was two seconds. Two. Two damn seconds away from saving Mandelyn the day Toxic and I went into that compount. At least Kyuu could contain Mandelyn's soul and we could restore her into a new body. What if Kyuu was not there? I almost gave into Auron. I was seconds away from letting every emotion drain from my body that day. Anger ruled me. Auron was always in my head after Luka left until I murdered him, and until Kyuu destroyed his soul. You have no idea..." she shook her head. Before he could protest her going anywhere alone she raised a hand. " I appreciate you not wanting me to go alone and the offered protection, I may need it. I won't ask you to leave Linares here without your protection, she damn well will not be going along with us, and I would rather keep my pain to myself. the only reason you know of it, is because in some messed up way I trust you. Linares does not know what I have done. I do not want her finding out, it will cause her undue worry about my mental health and she has enough on her plate." Aubresiah held her head in her hands as memories flashed through her mind "I won't go into Alexandria alone, especially at night. I promised Linares that and I will keep said promise. I will be leaving for a time tonight to fly, check the compounds and make sure no one has gone into them, then I will reflect again. If anything happens I will let you know. I promise you that. " She looked at him and for a moment, he saw all of her torment, all of her pain, her sadness.
Back to top Go down
Janier and Linares Isha

Janier and Linares Isha

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 am

He simply nodded. "Thank you for trusting me, you know I won't tell Linares about this." He turned and began to walk towards the castle, his own plan forming in his mind as he did. First he would get Linares' side of the story, then he would travel to Alexandria himself. If it was true and Luka was there and had been corrupted, then he would deal with it how he saw fit. The possibility of this "Luka" being a doppleganger was also in his mind. Places with strong memories were a delight to spirits, who will sometimes take the form of a person who once haunted the place, he had run into and destroyed several of them in his time, a doppleganger would be no problem for him.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 am

Aubs figured it was best not to push the issue or talk to him more about it, he did not seem to want to talk to her in the first place. Opening her wings wide, she took off. The wind whipping her face made her feel something besides emotion, it felt better than thinking. flying faster the wind lashed her face more. The scenery was a blur, however she knew exactaly where she was heading without even having to look. Coming to a slower pace she circled and landed at the Council compound where she had murdered Auron. Her footfalls were silent as she approached the doors. Sliding her hand on the wall she found a hidden switch, the same she used to enter and kill. The door silently opened with her help, smiling about the silence she walked into the compound. looking around shadows followed her everywhere, protecting the abandoned place where so many horrors occured. She checked every room ffor clues. going into Aurons office, she looked around, kicking herself for not checking it six years ago. Going through the papers on his desk she looked at a few files of kidnappings he wanted done, that were done. A log of how much a day Mandelyn's powers and blood were drained. Continuing to search through the papers, she found the experiment progam file, the shadow program file. "What is this...?" She propped herself against a wall, reading it slowly, checking the door and listening every few seconds. She placed it in a pack on her back for further reading later, as well as the experiment program file.

Luka saw small fragments of memories of people in the castle. Maids, maidens, soilders, and normal people before he had blocked them back into his mind. Everything he touched he recived a twang of memories trying to push in, trying to be visited. In the throne room next to the throne, he saw a childs blanket, battered with time, a doll lay coddled in it, as if the child was playing mommy like most little girls did. He recived a flash of a child no more than five years of age, playing with the doll and smiling up at him sweetly
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 am

The images faded, and he was back in the dusty throne room, but no closer to discovering the secret that eluded him. He turned and began to walk out when he felt he was no longer alone. His sword was in his hand, the sun stone providing enough light to blind his attacker, but no attack came. He dimmed the light and saw a figure standing in between the thrones. He had seen them before while he was a slave, they had been called Revenants. Behind the Revenant stood another creature he vaguely remembered seeing. It was a greater shade, and to the left of it was an Abomination, once a human with an incredible connection to the fade(dream/demon world) and lyrium which made up a mage's powers, he was now corrupted, turned into a Shadow Demon. The other two did not have any weapons, but the Revenant had a shield and sword, that gave him a very menacing look. He remained on his guard and stared back, waiting for them to attack him, to take him back to the hell hole he had spent the last maker knows how long, but they were silent, unmoving. The helmet on the Revenant was omnious and disturbing to him, he could barely make out any features on his face, and these three shadow creatures were not effected by the daylight like the shadows that had been watching him. His anger point was boiling over. "GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I SEND YOU BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM PIECE BY PIECE!" He braced himself, sure they would now attack him for his threat, but they simply stepped back and disappeared. He could no longer feel their presence, and that unsettled him even more. They were better killing machines than the shadows that normally plagued the world. He kept his sword in his hand, circling to ensure he was not going to be attacked before leaving the throne room. He felt it best to retreat and wait, recover his composure and think on the events of the evening. He left the castle, keeping his sword at the ready he moved quickly to the tower he had made his base of operations.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 am

Aubresiah grabbed more files as she made her way out of the Compound ausured nothing but shadows had been in the compund ever since she left it. Placing traps as she lef to see if anyone would come after she had been here. Walking out of the compund, she closed it once more behind her. Streching her wings she went back to the crystal lake that Mandelyn and Sivad used to visit together frequently. The crystals were shattered, the lake was meanacing, shadows inhabited it waiting for someone to go swimming, so they could pull them down, then drown them. Sitting on the sand she pulled her knees to her chest, blowing out a sigh from her full lips. Her head was throbbing, her heart hurt terribly, and she felt so alone. No one could understand it unless she touched them and put the memories and feelings there for them. Lex would not understand how she felt. Even after Luka abandoned her she had still wanted him and craved him. She still wanted him and craved him. Groaning she closed her eyes tighter, memories flooded her head, threatning to over come her. Luka's eyes were not even his when he attacked her, he obviously did not remember her, and that ripped her heart right open. She blocked it back in her mind. Closing the emotions off tightly, she stood again. Opening her wide wings she took off, even this beautiful place was destroyed. Flying over Alexandria made it worse, she wanted to go down there, find Luka and beat him back to himself. She wanted to find out what was wrong. It took so much energy to fly away and not look back at Alexandria. Getting to Sati she flew in her window collapsing on the spare bed. Falling into a deep sleep she dreamt of Luka.
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

He heard her wings as she flew overhead, and he ducked down into a defensive pose. It was the same woman from earlier, the one he had attacked. She was flying in the southwest direction, and the name Sati came into his head once more. He shook it clear and climbed the wall into his tower. He had sealed the door leading up from inside the tower, and now put himself to work using his sun stone to carve into the walls of his temporary home. Different runes to cause different effects, to warn him of danger, and to counteract danger if necessary. When he was satisfied he sat down opposite of the window that had become his door, and stared out at the night sky. His thoughts were puzzled, why would the Revenant listen to him. Nothing was making any sense and his head hurt from all the memories trying to force their way to the front of his mind. He blocked them out, and began to focus on his breathing, he would not sleep, not tonight, he would meditate, as he had been taught a long time ago, the one thing he remembered before his imprisonment, taught to him by someone who cared about him deeply. By practicing the Rovikor Breathing Pattern, his body would relax, and his brain would shut down all non essential functions, giving him a good nights rest, without actually sleeping. His breathing slowly fell into the proper pattern, without this technique, he would've gone crazy during his years of imprisonment. He closed his eyes and all memories faded, his mind was clear, and he was completely at piece, not a care in the world.
Back to top Go down
Aubresiah ~ Arcane

Aubresiah ~ Arcane

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:42 am

The next morning Aubresiah woke up early, she bathed quickly not even enjoying the hot water. She had things to do which meant she had no time to enjoy this pleasure. Grabbing some shorts, she put them on as well as her white halter top, with its pink hood. She put on comfortable boots for climbing, put a white belt for her swords and supplies. Clipping all of her swords on them she looked in the mirror. Going to the market she bought some peonies and lillies. After this she went to Alexandria to the place her adoptive daughter Cassie, and her late friend Lexi were burried. Placing the flowers on the graves she kneeled infront of them " I am so sorry." She whispered touching the graves gently.
Back to top Go down
Luka Leinad

Luka Leinad

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:51 am

He watched her from his spot in the tower. She was well armed, fully prepared for a fight, but it did not seem like a fight was what she was looking for. She laid the flowers down in a spot that seemingly meant nothing to everyone else, but he felt a twinge of pain in his heart when she did it. He climbed down quickly and silently, staying out of sight he moved up towards her, staying hidden he was no more than 20 yards away from her, but he dared not move closer lest she sense she was being watched, and he knew she was, not just from him, but the malevolence he felt emanating from the Revenant last night was nearby. He could not sense the other two, the shade and the abomination, but there was something even more sinister than the Revenant, something that chilled his blood the the very core.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ruins of Alexandria   The Ruins of Alexandria I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ruins of Alexandria
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next